To simplify our privacy policies in plain language, we have outlined the main points of this policy below:
- We do not collect e-mail addresses or other contact information such as physical addresses or phone numbers to send newsletters or other marketing material, at this time.
- We do not send newsletters, or marketing e-mails, at this time.
- We place advertisements and affiliate links on our website that refer you to third parties that may use your information to send you marketing material, should you choose to provide it.
- We share information with third parties; these third parties will have different privacy policies than this one.
- We do not sell any products or services, and as such, do not collect customer information in that respect.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
When browsing or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. This information may be passed on to a third party.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We use Google Analytics to track basic information about the visitors to our website such as location, time spent on website, pages visited, devices used and other generic statistics. More information can be obtained from the Google Analytics page: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information that we collect to generally make decisions about the layout and structure of our website. This is mainly based on the navigation habits of the visitors to our website.
Additionally, we use this Personal Information to:
- Analyse website traffic for potential risk of fraud;
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to content on our website. We do this by placing advertisements on various pages of our website.
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We use regular Malware Scanning. At this time, we do not collect personal information such as e-mail addresses, phone numbers or physical addresses.
- We use an SSL certificate.
- We follow general security best practises.
We use the Device Information that we collect to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ . You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CASL – Canada’s Anti Spam Legislation
Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) requires businesses and organisations to obtain consent before sending commercial electronic messages.
At this time, we do not collect e-mail addresses or other contact information from our visitors. If, in the future, we would decide to collect e-mail addresses from our website visitors and send newsletters, to be in accordance with CASL, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions, please contact us.